Thursday, March 10, 2011

Beautiful



Sometimes my heart and mind get a little overwhelmed with everything that goes on in this life. Taking moments to fix my eyes on the One above is the only real thing that brings true peace and satisfaction.

Isaiah 58:11- "The Lord will guide you continually, giving you water when you are dry and restoring your strength. You will be like a well-watered garden, like an everflowing spring." 





Beautiful


Here before Your alter
I am letting go of all I've held
Of every motive, every burden
Everything that's of myself

And I just wanna wait on You, my God
I just wanna dwell on who You are

Beautiful, beautiful
Oh, I am lost for more to say
Beautiful, beautiful
Oh Lord You're beautiful to me

Here in Your presence
I am not afraid of brokenness
To wash Your feet with humble tears
I would be poured out till nothing's left

And I just wanna wait on You, my God
I just wanna dwell on who You are

Beautiful, beautiful
Oh, I am lost for more to say
Beautiful, beautiful
Oh Lord You're beautiful to me

Holy, holy, holy You are, You are
Holy, holy, holy You are, You are
Holy, holy, holy You are, You are
Holy, holy, holy You are, You are

Beautiful, beautiful
Oh, I am lost for more to say
Beautiful, beautiful
Oh Lord You're beautiful to me

7 comments:

  1. setting our eyes on the beautiful is definitely an important part of finding our rest and comfort in Christ. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Jesus will keep you in perfect peace, if your eyes (heart, focus) are set & stay on Him. Hard to do sometimes, but definitely the place of peace :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this song reminded me of the beauty of brokenness and surrender. how awesome that our God makes all things beautiful?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful offering to God, Charity!
    I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Psalm 5:11 " But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may rejoice in you."

    Thanks for sharing!

    Still loving my haircut--thanks!

    ReplyDelete