Thursday, February 17, 2011

Receive my Adoration

For those of you who are in Circles who have only been reading this blog over the last few weeks, you will begin to see blog posts like this pop up every now and then =) I started this blog last year, with my inspiration being my passion for music and worshipping God. If you want a little more explanation you can peek back at my very first post to read more.

This song was played at Rock Harbor Church on Saturday night, and as I was worshipping all I could think about was how much I love my heavenly Father. How much I adore Him. And being that this week was Valentine's Day, I spent some time on that Monday just sitting in my room singing this song to Him. It has been in my head all week long. Music and lyrics are such a powerful thing...and in this moment...this song displayed exactly what I wanted God to hear from me.

All I need is found in You. I adore you. You are wonderful. You have my heart and my life. Thank you for saving me. Thank you for making all things beautiful. Creation lifts you up. I, your child, will worship you til I no longer have breath.




Thank you God for showing us your perfect love. Real love. This is the type of love that we should strive to show one another.
1 Corinthians 13 (The Message)
The Way of Love
   1 If I speak with human eloquence and angelic ecstasy but don't love, I'm nothing but the creaking of a rusty gate. 2If I speak God's Word with power, revealing all his mysteries and making everything plain as day, and if I have faith that says to a mountain, "Jump," and it jumps, but I don't love, I'm nothing. 3 -7If I give everything I own to the poor and even go to the stake to be burned as a martyr, but I don't love, I've gotten nowhere. So, no matter what I say, what I believe, and what I do, I'm bankrupt without love.

   Love never gives up.
   Love cares more for others than for self.
   Love doesn't want what it doesn't have.
   Love doesn't strut,
   Doesn't have a swelled head,
   Doesn't force itself on others,
   Isn't always "me first,"
   Doesn't fly off the handle,
   Doesn't keep score of the sins of others,
   Doesn't revel when others grovel,
   Takes pleasure in the flowering of truth,
   Puts up with anything,
   Trusts God always,
   Always looks for the best,
   Never looks back,
   But keeps going to the end.
   8 -10Love never dies. Inspired speech will be over some day; praying in tongues will end; understanding will reach its limit. We know only a portion of the truth, and what we say about God is always incomplete. But when the Complete arrives, our incompletes will be canceled.
   11When I was an infant at my mother's breast, I gurgled and cooed like any infant. When I grew up, I left those infant ways for good.
   12We don't yet see things clearly. We're squinting in a fog, peering through a mist. But it won't be long before the weather clears and the sun shines bright! We'll see it all then, see it all as clearly as God sees us, knowing him directly just as he knows us!
   13But for right now, until that completeness, we have three things to do to lead us toward that consummation: Trust steadily in God, hope unswervingly, love extravagantly. And the best of the three is love. 

17 comments:

  1. So good!! Such a beautiful and raw song. The lyrics are pure passion and a cry for more of the Father's love, grace, mercy, etc. Thanks for the video!! SO great! Keep posting vids! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooooo girl! Dad is smiling down at you!!! My lovely sister, thanks for sharing your passion and talent with us! I am blessed to call you friend. Holy spirit goosebumps over here at a heart surrendered to the one worthy of our praise. Keep praising

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is sweet! so cool that you have found such a beautiful way to express you feelings toward God. Sing it girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heck ya! Love the guitaring! One day I was scrolling through your blog I think and I kept seeing videos of you playing and I was like thats so rad she posts those! Thanks for sharing your praise!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love eveything about you Chitty! Your realness, your heart, your pure adoration for the Lord:) Its so good to see your face! Come to Ohio soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. O MY GOODNESS.
    I love love and I love that you love the Lord so much, with all that you are. You are beautiful and listening to your post/music changed my morning. I woke up in a horrible mood (little idea as to why) and I mopped all morning and I now have a smile on my face and I cannot wait to see you in a few hours. Your post rejuvenated me. Thank you thank you thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome! Thanks for the singing and the reminder of love. I need a daily reminder of what true Godly love is every day before I leave my house in the morning. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I especially liked where it says, "What we say about God is always incomplete." I'm remembering that hymnal "The Love of God," especially this part:

    Could we with ink the ocean fill,
    And were the skies of parchment made,
    Were every stalk on earth a quill,
    And every man a scribe by trade;
    To write the love of God above
    Would drain the ocean dry;
    Nor could the scroll contain the whole,
    Though stretched from sky to sky.

    Good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  9. he is so deserving of our adoration! this is beautiful! i love seeing others worship! it gets me fired up for eternity when we all get to worship together forever and ever. thanks charity!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Charity! I have loved getting to know you this last weekend and I look forward to sharing more of life together in the next few months. I also love that song and thanks for singing it! It is so awesome reflecting on God's love for us. It is so mind-blowing. Our God is sooo awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. thank you for sharing love. i really needed to hear those words tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is definitely one of my favorite songs too. So powerful

    ReplyDelete
  13. Once again, you've taken the blog format and done something so great with it.

    Thanks for your song, your heart, your reflections, and your openness.

    ReplyDelete
  14. thanks for sharing your love for music with us, charity. i also really enjoyed the lyrics to that song "forgive me" that you posted on one of my blogs. so appropriate and well done. thank you.

    ReplyDelete